This round turned out to be more of a challenge that the first two. Having a piece that has had input from 2 different jewellers, made me feel nervous about adding to it. It was more of a challenge to break through it, to change it.
This piece, through the stages shown, was not smooth running; the piece was admittedly for me quite hard to work with. Maybe the single component attributed to this.
In my own conversations, I seemed to work with lots of different components in front of me, allowing me to search through them.
(but why? )
As I worked on this piece, the design ideas I had at the beginning went completely out the window and there was no the several components to work with.(and don’t get me wrong, as you work with any piece, the conversion does take over to produce something often different from your original intention. But what I find is that it is led by the trials of a particular design idea, I originally had in mine.)
This piece felt like it didn’t want to change, that nearly every avenue I tried turned out to be a dead end. Seemingly drying up my creativity, that seemed to be so abundant in the first round.
Having got to the end, I am pleased, I created a new version, and look forward to seeing what happens next.
The Final Version