I do not have anything new to show this week, everything is in process stages at the moment. I am trying to work in batches that allows for my work to develop at a fast pace but allows time at each stage to reflect on what I am actually producing.
My work has been very focused on the manmade aspects of our world, and it have been suggest how changing from a urban environment to an rural will change that aspect of my work. It the influence of man made environment with the structure and material that interest me more than something that would be seen as natural. I think i want to celebrate something that has been there that has become like its own nature and it is so natural to us, it has change and develop/ degraded that its has taken its own characteristic. It is not living but it almost seems to be because of how it changes. Something as simple as my note book that start so fresh but now it scratched and full of lose paper, it is intriguing and Ii love to be able to look back over, even though most of it doesn’t seem to make sense anymore, it in with my thought it has gained its own character and aesthetic that in my eyes is so much more interesting that anything else. Its has not changed and grown because it needs to, even thought its has.
My link between the jewellery and drawings and why.
I wanted to share these with you.
The remains of a fellow student’s work that produces a lovely contrast between colours materials and marks.
Words that I have been researching in relationship to my work.
1. a surviving mark, sign, or evidence of the former existence, influence, or action of some agent or event; vestige: traces of an advanced civilization among the ruins.
2. a barely discernible indication or evidence of some quantity, quality, characteristic, expression, etc.: a trace of anger in his tone.
3. an extremely small amount of some chemical component: a trace of copper in its composition.
4. traces, the series of footprints left by an animal.
5. the track left by the passage of a person, animal, or object: the trace of her skates on the ice.
1. to perceive by the sight or some other sense or by the intellect; see, recognize, or apprehend: They discerned a sail on the horizon.
2. to distinguish mentally; recognize as distinct or different; discriminate: He is incapable of discerning right from wrong.
Also see a link to my interview as part of Cast from Different Moulds.
Also other interviews with fellow MA students.
Also a link to our facebook:
Please check it out.