It has been an frustrating week, trying to refine just 3 pieces and only getting one done. However the refinement ended up in 6 new avenue to pursue. Below are the first 4 tests. After trying a larger and smaller size I have decide on the middle ground, they are small enough to be worn as a group and the proportions at that size for me that portrays the correct ideas of containment and Claustrophobia.
Playing around with size, shape, proportion of cut outs, Whether I cut each individually or link each shape and how it affects the structure of the piece as a whole.
From these I create two more brooches that are in my sense a refinement in object.
I want to continue with the idea of redundancy in my work, something that I touched upon in my research but as not yet explored. This ties into the notion of mistakes and celebrating them. A mistake is something that happens that leaves a unwanted mark or leaves a pieces redundant. I want to see how I can push this in my work whether it is the highlighting of mistakes or the adding of another element. Seeing how this affects the balance of a piece, particular with sheet brooches.
- an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.
- a misunderstanding or misconception.
- the state of being redundant.
- superfluous repetition or overlapping, especially of words.
- a redundant thing, part, or amount; superfluity.
- the provision of additional or duplicate systems, equipment,etc., that function in case an operating part or system fails,as in a spacecraft
Please check it out at:
This is be regularly update with information about artist and news of the MA degree show.